Principal / Attorney at Law
Mark earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in government from Georgetown University in Washington D.C. in 1993 and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Montana in 1997.
Mark has extensive experience in a wide variety of business, legislative, and regulatory matters, representing client interests before the Montana Legislature, and Montana’s State and Federal Courts. In addition, Mark’s business consulting activities extend to more than 25 states in a variety of topics, primarily focusing on information technology and public safety initiatives.
In the health care arena, Mark previously served as general counsel to the Montana Hospital Association for nearly 15 years. In addition, he has served as counsel to more than a dozen hospitals across Montana on various matters. Mark is well-recognized in the hospital regulatory arena in Montana, including having been published in several hospital-related trade publications. He currently serves as Chair of the St. Peter’s Hospital Board of Directors, is a member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana Advisory Board, is on the Pontifical Gregorian University Foundation Board and the Sacred Story Institute Board, and several other corporate boards.
Mark was born and raised in Central Montana (near Lewistown), where he and his family continue to operate their family farm and ranch. He enjoys spending time with his wife, Elaine, and their two daughters, Morgan and Raegan. Mark also enjoys hunting, golfing, fishing, and traveling.
TAYLOR LUTHER GROUP, PLLC
Principal, 2015 – Present
BROWNING, KALECZYC, BERRY & HOVEN, P.C.
Shareholder, 1997 – 2015
CEDERBERG, SHOTT & SMITH, P.C.
Legal Intern, 1995 – 1997
CROWLEY, HAUGHEY, HANSON, TOOLE & DIETRICH, P.L.L.P.
Legal Intern, 1996
U.S. Senator Conrad Burns
Legislative Intern, 1990
Education, Degrees & Distinctions
University of Montana School of Law (Missoula, Montana)
Juris Doctor, 1997
• Student Representative, Admissions Committee, 1997
• Recipient, Dean Robert E. Sullivan Scholarship, 1996
Loyola University Chicago School of Law (Chicago, Illinois)
• Recipient, Loyola Academic Achievement Award in Legal Writing, 1994 – 1995
Georgetown University College of Arts & Sciences (Washington D.C.)
Bachelor of Arts, Government, 1993
• Member, Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society, 1993
Montana Supreme Court – 1997
U.S. District Court for the State of Montana – 1997
State Bar of Montana
American Bar Association
First Judicial Bar Association
National Association of State Lobbyists
- Member, Sacred Story Institute Board, 2017 – Present
- Member, Pontifical Gregorian University Foundation Board, 2016 – Present
- Member, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana Advisory Board, 2016 – Present
- Member, St. Peter’s Hospital Board of Directors, 2011 – Present
- Member, St. Peter’s Hospital Community Relations Committee, 2004 – 2017
- Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program Interviewer, 1993 – Present
- Member, Ducks Unlimited, 2003 – 2013
- Treasurer, Montana Recycling Association, 1999 – 2010
- Board of Directors, Montana Business Leadership Council, 2005 – 2009
- Master Rating, Montana Officials Association, 1993 – 2006
- Board of Directors, Montana Youth Homes, Inc., 1998 – 2002
- Member, Lewis & Clark County DUI Task Force, 1999 – 2001
- Coach, Helena Youth Basketball Association, 1997 – 2000
- Volunteer, Jesuit Volunteer Corp., 1993 – 1994